Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Something about strangers.








These photographs found in a very large bric-a-brac shop in the Brigton lanes, I especially love how fun the one of the ladies leapfrogging over one another, there are boxes and boxes of these photo's in that shop, it's rather strange because they are all photographs of family members and friends and a lot of holiday/snapshot type photographs. I presume a lot have come from homes in which the owners have died and no family members have come forward to collect their belongings and family photographs.

It's interesting, and kind of wierd. I showed the photos to my mum and she said in 2 generations from now they'll say "oh! That funny baby photo must be our grandma Amy, and is that slide one her cousins?" which hopefully won't happen, because the photos have prices on the back of them...

And in case you're interested I've spent the entirety of the day in Brighton, shopped till I dropped, ate a lot of sweeties and ice cream and fish cake and chips and chocolate, prated around on the beach with Hanna and Abbi and spent ages in a second-hand bookshop that sold a respectable amount of quality photography books and art history and theory books (Hanna was very pleased at this notion, and bought some of the books she'll be needing for university in september) oh and a cat, that just sat on the desk accepting the petting from many strangers and looking as regal as a cat called Simonne (I think that's how it was spelt) can be. I also felt like a fool in an awesome photography shop because i don't know as much as I want to about cameras and things and adsdggfhkjhgfdsd :( and bought a new Run D.M.C shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment